4/4/20

I've figured it out!!

After a little help from my friend Dean, I have figured out color-correcting!! This is the equivalent of being able to see color again, except way less of a light changing moment. But regardless, I am proud of myself. 

Before
After

Before
After

After messing around with the shadows and highlights, I am happy about using these images for the base of the images I'm going to color grade. I've done a few more bits of research and figured out how to color grade without making my images look bizarre. There's a little effect called Lumetri Color that Adobe Premiere Pro has. In that effect, there are 6 subdivisions. Dean taught me how to the Curves subdivision, which looks like this. 
Not only am I presented with a super cool rainbow, but I am able to achieve a color scheme that better fits the "depressive" tone I'm going for that most detective fiction films have.
Image taken from Skyfall
Films like these tend to have a more grayscale, brownish color palette. So, after a bit of copying, I present you my images:
Before

After
Now, I'm going through my film and making all of the images look similar to this. I'm super excited because before I was so upset with how my images looked, and now I know how to fix them. I'll update you guys once I've made more progress.

Until then, 
Alexa :)