4/6/20

I just used a cool effect!!

Fast Forwarding 101
So for the beginning of the film opening, I have a home video of my brother and my mom interacting to show a small bit of backstory before I lead into my opening. The problem was, I wanted to add two separate pieces of video from the same clip. In order to make the transition between them smooth, I looked up a little fast-forwarding effect tutorial (creds to Adobe Masters) and got to work!
 The video basically explains how to use an effect called Wave Warp to make the footage look like it's fast forwarding on a VHS or some sorta disc player (I don't think VHS's could fast forward). 
I also sped up the clips at the end of the first clip and the beginning of the second one to get the desired effect. 

Here's a video of how it looks like!
Little bits of cool effects like this makes editing worth all the struggle and stress because check this one out, I made something super cool!!! I'm thinking of adding the same effect at the end of the baby montage to transition between the video and present day. This has been super duper fun! I can't wait to show you guys what else I have in store. 

Until then,
Alexa :)