4/12/20

A quick reflection

As I'm coming to the end of the road for this project, I wanted to do a quick reflection on the process. Originally, I was unsure of how I'd be able to make a quality film opening, as my writing skills weren't something I actually worked on before. This is why I chose a genre I'm familiar with, detective fiction. My favorite movies are normally ones with twist endings or mysteries that are uncovered throughout the movie. I casted my mom as the lead role, as I felt it would be easiest to find a time to film with her than it would be to film with a friend or actor. In terms of filming, it went very smoothly. The coronavirus didn't affect my production at all if anything it gave me more time to get what I wanted to get done done. After 2 days of filming, I hit the editing stage. With this stage, I had a ton of fun. I worked with color, something I've never done before. I was able to play with camera shots and angles, along with working on some cool animation you can see with the title card. This project has allowed my creativity to flow in more ways than I could explain, which made it extremely fun to complete. I can't wait to put out the final product!