4/2/20

Life is like a box of crayons

And sadly, I am color blind. 
Not actually, but when it comes to color grading and color correcting I have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING!!!! Which isn't good because I don't like the colors my shots have. 

Since this production was low budget, I don't have the equipment to light the area the way I'd like to. In that case, I've fallen to having to color correct more than I would have needed to originally. 
From Taken


Gorilla Film School

The GodFather

I did some quick research on ways I could make my color scheme look like for my final edit. In detective fiction films, I found that the shots lack color. They're more gloomy and dark to set a tone. I'm hoping that after I consult a couple of Youtube videos I would have enough knowledge to continue editing and be happy with the way my shots look. I'll update you guys on the progress afterward!

Until then,
Alexa :)