4/10/20

Voice editing and sound effects!!

I'm a bit of an audio pro now
In order to get a better feel of naturalism, I added voice effects to some of the audio to make it sound as if it were coming from another room, or through a phone call. 

First, I edited the audio I got off of my phone to record my brother's voice during the conversation between Melissa and Lucas. Originally, the audio sounded a bit unnatural, so I imported it into adobe audition. 
From there I opened the effects tab. Effects -> Filter and EQ -> FFT Filter. 
Then, I chose the option "The Club Downstairs" and played a bit with the audio levels to get the desired muffled effect. 

I also edited the audio my friend Oliver sent me to use for Officer Tippit's character through a phone call. 
Going through the same route, I used this effect that is in the same location as the muffled sound effect I used earlier. This was the result of using that effect!


I also recorded the special sound effect to transition between the old footage and the new ones (I followed this tutorial here!!)! After generating some pink noise, I put a default pitch bender on the audio. 

Then, I added a Parametric Equalizer to the audio and boosted the bass. 

After adding some reverb, the audio was perfect! I imported into premiere to get the desired woosh sound effect by cutting the audio, adjusting the gain, and adjusting the speed at which the audio played. 

In the end, the audio sounded pretty close to the woosh I was going for, which is awesome considering I made this noise from scratch! But to keep the suspense, I won't link the audio to this one (You'll just have to wait to hear it for yourself :p).

Until then, 
Alexa

p.s. CCR script is done! Once this is exported, I will be putting together that video!!