2/20/20

Alexa.... play "time management mode"

I HAVE LIKE NO TIME FOR ANYTHING

Like most teenagers, I have absolutely no free time because I am constantly either working, doing homework, or putting time into my television production class (fun fact only one of these is actually fun for me but adulting is kiiiiiinda stressful so I'll continue to make Vanilla Bean fraps and Iced Caramel Macchiatos until further notice). So, I have decided to sit down and plan out a schedule of what I would like to finish by when. 


To the right is the ideal schedule I would like to stick by since it would allow me to take my time with the project. The schedule might be hard to keep up with around the beginning of March since March 4th is my SAT and the 10-15th I will be in Washington DC. 
Go me for organizing this!!
That week I have a television production competition where my team and I will have 8 hours to find, film, and edit an 8-minute news show. I'll also be competing in a category called Video Tip where my partner and I will have to make a minute-long "How to" video regarding cinematography and video tips. Life is definitely a time-consuming factor in getting things I'd like to get done done. An update on the idea!! I've been having trouble deciding what the crime/mystery regarding the child should be!!! I really want to stay away from any cliche's including kidnapping, stalking, or murder. It would have to be something less overdone in Hollywood. I'm really trying to stand out from others and let my creative juices flow!! I did some research and found that (according to secureteen.com) theft, assault, drug and alcohol abuse, disorderly conduct, and curfew violations are the most likely crimes to be committed by teenagers. In order to get a mom involved in a crime-solving process, the crime would have to be either assault or maybe the child could be a victim of drug and alcohol abuse. 

Obviously, this idea is a little out of my comfort area as I am not a mother, but I have a really close connection to my mother who said she would be happy to read over what I create to ensure the actions and plot points are realistic. 

Screenplay writing starts tomorrow!!! Maybe if I get ahead of schedule I can spend more time in the editing process *insert double eye emoji here*. I will update you guys once I make significant progress in the opening. 

See you guys soon!!
Alexa

(p.s. I would much rather be working on this than math homework but sadly... education has been deemed "important" which I find lameeeeee.)