2/18/20

The beginning of an era

Welcome to the beginning of an era!! What's up peeps!!

This is the official start of my documentation for my film opening!! I'm super excited to share the process with you guys, so buckle in and get ready for a wild ride. I'm pretty indecisive so this planning process should be reaaaaaallly fun but I'm hoping to be able to recollect my thoughts and put the maximum amount of effort into this project!

Currently, I'm planning on the genre of my film opening being detective fiction. The plan is kinda shaky right now, but I'm hoping to have my mother act as the main character of the film. The plot will be a mother trying to solve a crime involving her child. Like I had in my research, generating an emotional connection between the audience and the characters are extremely important, so having the main character be a mother would be more relatable for my target audience. My target audience currently is set out to be 18+, appealing mainly to the female population. Around that time in life, women start to gain a motherly instinct which would allow for the main character's thoughts and actions to be better understood. 


Right now I'm working on the screenplay, which is proving to be quite difficult. Writing a story is much harder than it seems, at least for me anyway. I'm hoping that my film making skills will help me out, along with the skills I picked up in this class. 

Puddlesky ProductionOn a lighter note, I came up with the name for my production company!!! After a quick google search, I've found out that not many things are named "Puddlesky" so that should help me stand out from the rest of these production companies. 

I am hoping that with some extra thought my screenplay will come together soon. Until next time, 

Alexa :)

(ps. I'm thinking of adding Amazon Alexa puns... I gotta have fun with them too ya know)