2/23/20

Writing mode activated

Hey guys!!

Great news! I have developed a start to the screenplay! Here's a picture from it :)

Staying away from clichés is still proving to be a struggle. I feel like as long as I stay away from any of those and challenge the representation of certain characters I will have more to work with. For instance, the main character (right now named Karla), is a single mother who is raising a child on her own. This challenges how moms are normally portrayed in media, as she is more independent and works hard instead of being a stay at home mom that takes care of the house. When developing the other characters, I hope to challenge more of these representation stereotypes. Currently, the father is unnamed (I have found that I lack creativity when it comes to coming up with names). None of the character's names are final, they're just placeholders until further notice. 

I have also been working on how to create my own sound effects to add in post! Currently, I am researching how to create different "whoosh" sound effects to develop suspense and add to a scene and came across Science Filmmaking Tips' video (click here to watch it!!!). The sounds after adding some cool audio effects created exactly the type of sound I want to use as a sound bridge to transition between the old home videos and "current time". 

For now, I'm gonna continue developing the screenplay and hopefully start developing some names for the film. See you guys next time :)

Alexa