3/6/20

Location Scouting!!

Hey guys!!

For the past week, I've been working on finding some locations I can film at for the film opening. In order to make the film opening as easy to film as possible, I focused it on one location: Melissa and Lucas's house. 

Since Melissa never moves locations in the film, it creates the inference that she doesn't do much else in her free time besides staying home. This detail further implements the idea that she is isolated. 

I was thinking about filming at my house for the film, as it is the easiest location to get access to. Some locations I'll pick is a bedroom, the kitchen, and the living room. 

Bedroom: 
For the opening scene, I was thinking of filming it in a bedroom. The opening shot would be a tracking shot moving away from a picture of Melissa and Lucas and moving towards Melissa on the phone with her ex-husband, creating a contrast. The layout of this room would allow for the camera movements I was picturing. 



Kitchen:
My kitchen is a good location for my film opening because it's an open area without many walls. Using wider shots, I can further implement the idea that Melissa is alone as I can show the emptiness of the room in my film. 

Living Room:
The living room is also a wider area with many couches. I could also use wider shots in this area, I can show the empty couches as well. 

Planning this film opening has been such an enlightening process and I'm so excited to see where it goes! Until then...

Alexa is outie

Adios!