3/4/20

My classmates are kiiiiinda helpful though...

Yesterday was our group meeting!!!

I sat with 4 of my classmates and we each gave each other feedback on how we can improve our openings along with any problems we've run into. I heard their ideas and how they were planning on conveying them, which was super fun!! There's just something about hearing what people have planned for their films that is just so entertaining!

Recently, I've been thinking that the way I ended my screenplay was a little bland, and asked for any feedback on what I could do to improve it (whether it be a little action or a certain line). My classmate had the idea of zooming into Melissa's face at the end, have non-diegetic music in the background that would crescendo, revealing the title screen. This worked really well in conveying the suspense I wanted to create, along with the fear Melissa had at that moment.


Hans Zimmer:
Hans Zimmer is a composer who has composed music for almost all of Christopher Nolan's films (which is part of the reason why I love his work so much).

He worked on films like Inception, Interstellar, and The Dark Knight. Each of these movies has a dark tone, that aids in the suspense. The music I'm looking for in Seeking Lucas would follow a more suspenseful tone to go in hand with the mystery of what happened to Lucas.

Justin Hurwitz:
Justin Hurwitz is another composer who has worked on award-winning movies. While La La Land doesn't fit the mood I'm trying to convey in my opening, he worked on an extremely suspenseful film called First Man. First Man also falls a little bit in the Sci-Fi genre as it tells the story of Neil Armstrong and how he stepped onto the moon.
Image result for first man soundtrack


I want the feel of the song to be this tone, but I can't use these exact pieces so I'll have to work on finding a song with a big climax that I could use at the end. And if I decide to use a copyrighted song, I'll have to make the decision soon cause I know the process takes a while.

I shall keep you guys updated.

Alexa :)