3/11/20

Casting!!

Big news!!

I have officially decided who I am going to cast for Melissa and Lucas!!

Drumroll, please.......

My mom and brother woooooo!!!

This might not be much of a surprise, but my mom and brother are the most readily available people to play each role. On the schedule of a student trying to create a quality film opening, I've realized simplicity is key and it's best to work with what you've got. 

I can't wait for all you guys to meet my mom!!! (She's kinda the best)

I originally based Melissa's character on my mom, as she is the strongest woman I know. She is taking a few days off of work over Spring Break as well, which is when we could knock out the last of the filming if it's not done by that point. 

My brother will be playing Lucas. I made this decision since it is easier to pull old home videos of my mom and brother as a library shot instead of finding more actors to play a younger version of my brother. 

This decision was also made because I don't know any young children that could look like my brother, which would mean I would have to hire an actor; since my opening has a budget of $0, hiring someone is out of the question. 

For the role of the caller, I am planning on using my dad's voice, as I have used his voice in other productions in the past. 

I will develop the set and costume for the characters as soon as I get home, as I'm writing this from Washington DC!! I will update once I get home. 

Until then,
Alexa :)